Thursday, September 16, 2010

Taking a little tour of my old ward building


Jeremy and I decided to take a little tour of our old ward house on Trojan Ave. Being Sunday afternoon we were hoping it was open because there is a gate around it now and it has been locked up when I was able to go by it in the past. To our luck it was open. This church has a lot of great memories for me and I think it has to be one of the most beautiful older churches built.

Jeremy fixing his tie before going in.
This grassy court yard was where us kids play Simon Says and red light green light the building attached is the primary (it was locked) classrooms and Relief Society room.

Jeremy standing in front of the Amphitheater. Down the steps leads through the glass doors to the basketball court.
The Chapel



Back of the chapel. Behind the blinds is overflow.
The original lights.
Big glass windows
The hall way above the basketball court. Classrooms where I was taught
Basket ball court
Stage where a many road shows were put on. My mom directed most of them.
Baptismal font. There was a baptism actually about to happen.
The other end of the basketball court, across the other side is the kitchen and then another hallway matching the one we are on.
The wall.
Jeremy demonstrating how the wall was used.
Church parking lot and there is the upper lot to.
My High school, Will C Crawford. It's down the street from the church. Between school and church I spent a lot of time down here.

No comments: