Sunday, December 6, 2009

The USS Midway Aircraft Carrier.

John, my Mom and myself spent the day after Thanksgiving touring the USS Midway. I wish we could have seen everything but there was no time to do it all. The tour was fascinating and just neat. I recommend it to those who live in San Diego or are visiting. Our Military are amazing and what they do to protect our country.




Plane in the Hanger. The outside opening leads to the elevator that would take it up to the flight deck. The elevator has been turned into eating patio.


Ok I had to take a picture.

This is where the Enlisted men sleep. There is no way I could sleep in those tiny bunks. I mean they are small.

Top Gun Briefing Room. Cool ( No Tom Cruise though)

These people are having Lunch on the Flight Deck Elevator. If airplanes need to be serviced the elevator takes them down to the hanger and when they are ready to go back to service the elevator takes them back up again.

Flight Deck

Radio Messaging Processing Room
The Island this is where the ship is navagated and where the Captains chair is.
Steep Steps on our way up to the Island
Another view of the Island
These photo's were taken from the Island

Captain is Speaking Shhhh

No comments: